Going on a private African Safari is very exciting, especially if you have booked a luxury African Safari. As a reputable African tour travel agency, we want to help you to get the most from your African Safari package. Which is why we have put together this useful article. Here we explain what to do and what not to do, on your safari adventure.
Choosing a Luxury African Safari Package
Selecting your luxury African safari package might be the most difficult part of the process. There isn’t just one African safari package, there are lots to choose from. Each of them is in a different location and will give you a different experience. So before you book anything, take the time to consider what you want from your private African safari. Think about:
- What animals do you want to see? There are game animals such as lions, hippos, elephants etc, but there’s so much more. From birds, to water animals, there is so much animal life. The kind of animals you want to see will determine which part of Africa you go to and what type of African safari package you book.
- What is your budget? African Safari Packages are not the cheapest holiday option, because they offer such a unique, unforgettable experience. There are lots of different African Safari Packages available, ranging widely in price depending on what they include. So you need to think about not just what you want to see, but how much you are able to spend.
- Where in Africa would you like to go? There are lots of different locations for your luxury African safari, all of which provide a different experience. It is a good idea to familiarise yourself with the different locations and what they have to offer.
- Think about how long you want to go for. No mater how long your luxury African safari is for, you will want to stay longer. But flying to Africa is not as cheap as flying to other destinations, which means it is worthwhile booking a couple of extra nights.
What to do on your Private African Safari
- Do be patient and open-minded. Keep in mind that a safari is not like any other experience. It is completely unpredictable. To really enjoy the experience you need to be flexible and not worry over the things you can’t control such as what animals you see, how many you see, where and when.
- Do be prepared: The environment in Africa is most likely very different to what you are used to. Prepare yourself for the heat and the cold, for the sun and the wind, be weather ready for every eventuality. You also need to be prepared for mosquitos and flies, which sadly, come with the safari experience. Finally, you should prepare for some rough rides. The roads you will be travelling on might not be concrete and smooth like you’re used to. In fact, they will most likely be made from gravel or sand. What’s more, safari’s very often involve going off road to cross a river, a stone field or even through a bush.
- Do photograph your experience: A private African Safari is an amazing experience and will give you memories to treasure for a lifetime. So, take as many photo’s as you can (you can always delete the bad one).
Do ask your African safari package tour guide
- Questions: Your private African safari tour guide will be very knowledgeable, so take the opportunity to ask questions and learn about the animals and their environment.
- To stop: Don’t be afraid to ask to stop if there’s something you want to look at. Your guide will want to give you the best experience.
Do follow the rules. Your tour guide will explain the rules to you. These rules will include things like: stay in your car, don’t get too close to elephants, don’t stand between a hippo and the water, etc. These rules are there to keep you safe. Animals are well camouflaged, so you may not always see them and be unaware you are in danger. Don’t forget some animals, such as hippo’s, can be very aggressive and in the wild there is little to protect you.
To really get the most out of your safari, book with an African tour travel agency. Someone that will take the time to understand what you want and find an African safari package that is perfect for you.